Sunday, July 13, 2008

alone in a room full of people?




Things have been weird for me lately. It's hard to explain without sounding like the cheese has fallen completely off my cracker, if you know what I mean...which is more or less why I haven't been posting much lately. Just been feeling, alone. THAT, and because Starbucks has decided that i'm the best choice for the closing shift (i.e. leaving work past midnight). Compliment or insult? who knows, who cares. I'll probably fall asleep next to the pasty case sooner or later. OH. Saw HellBoy 2 today, not that i'd ever doubt Guillermo del Torro, and MAAAAN, that movie owned. I love selma blair. In fact, I think it's safe to say that i'd probably consider full on lesbianism if dating her were ever a possibility. Maybe natalie portman and nora jones too. 

Got some bomb ass cacao butter from Navitas FINNNNALLY, and ended up devirginizing the chunk of chocolate by making a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake, which I didn't bother to take a picture of since, well, it was just a cheesecake...not all that exciting. At least not compared to some other things that require more time and effort.

Here are some of the things i've been making lately, and just haven't bothered posting.

layered spice cake


layered spice cake sliceeee
     

the dutch apple pie with coconut ice cream


The apple pie was made for my neighbor's diabetic sister. Apparently, this is the new favorite of everyone.


 a few slices of the lemon were saved after our neighborhood has a fucking huge ass power outage. Needless to say, I was VERY pissed to come home to a half destroyed pie...but, it would've been worse had NOTHING been salvageable.. Pretty bombay, if I do say so myself.

you know what? I'm really not in the mood to write right now, so i'll just hook it up with a picture of my iguana on his little red leash before our walk around the park.

enjoy.



2 comments:

Disa said...

Love the iguana! Hope the weirdness settles down. I worked retail for years so I have some sympathy for your Starbucks woes. I use to work in a shop that was super slow in business so I would start my cleaning an hour early, setup everything for closing and lock the door as soon as I could so I could take a nap or read in the dressing room. I never got caught to. Man I almost miss that job. But seriously closing shift is better than having to do the 5am shift in my opinion. Anyways, hope you feel better.

April said...

Love the desserts as always :-)