Friday, July 25, 2008

2 years


Short post today before I head out to work.

Just thought i'd share one of my future "plans". 
I'm giving myself TWO years to move out to the east coast and open a raw restaurant. If I fail and end up with massive debt, then at least I would've tried, right?
I figure two years will give me just enough time to get an edge on perfecting every dish I've made (both dessert, and non-dessert) so that when the time comes to organizing a menu plan, it'll be a no brainer, because everything will have been worked out, leaving me with surplus time to concoct more unorthodox and creative food with no real concept minus artistic expression. 

I'm not sure what type of restaurant it'll be, or even what it'll be named (i'm thinking the green:underground, partly named after one of my favorite bands...input?) I want my food to be, besides obviously delicious,  more importantly nostalgic and barrier crossing. I want it to take you back to when you were a kid licking the cookie dough out of the bowl (if you grew up in that sort of food environment, as I did), I want EVERYONE to be able to eat there, and agree upon it's taste. SAD eaters, raw foodies, high raw foodies, fruitarians, etc etc. I want there to be something agreeable for everybody, so that nobody is excluded, and everyone is able to eat and enjoy healthful food.

 Tomorrow I'm making lunch for my mom and myself. Nachos! I've been dehydrating lime zest tortilla chips all day, and keep checking up on them until the zest of the lime really comes through without overpowering the corn. I'm pretty stoked she agreed to let me make her lunch, even if she'll go outside and pop open a corona in an hour. That's not the point. It means a lot to me to be able to share SOMETHING in common with my mom, especially something that I'm really passionate about.

Anyways, time for work until midnight.

TAH TAH.

7 comments:

Lovingraw said...

you freaking rock girl, I am behind you...

Jessica said...

If anyone can do it, you can! Oh and PS, can you go back to your normal text size, its so teeny and this is coming from a 21yo with 20-20 vision. Hope the Starbucks is treating you well!

April Nicole said...

Thanks Phillip, it's gonna pOOOWWWN.

Disa said...

Yes I think you have a community of support. While driving home at 3 am this morning- from the craziest birthday ever Austin thought that we should come visit you in the IE. We are dying to try one of your creations, and would gladly pay for birthday cake and love to finally meet you.

April Nicole said...

ACTUALLY, early august (like the 8th or 9th) i'll be out in the area...
i'm thinking a trip to au lac is in order, and i'd happily give you one of my cakes, since I'd refuse to take your mula. Just let me know which one you'd like to try. :]

2 Raw Sisters said...

I think this is an awesome idea! Have you thought of volunteering at a local raw place?

Danieal

April Nicole said...

see, i'd LOVE to do that...but the nearest raw place is about 45 minutes away :[